Course curriculum consists of a pre-recorded virtual learning course online that guides providers on evidence-based and peer reviewed education from an experienced naturopathic doctor. This lecture will explore how the use of psychedelics are being used in the treatment of addictions from the view of a naturopathic physician. Course reviews the new framework of addiction and explores different types of psychedelics such as but not limited to: LSD, psilocybin, ayahuasca, ibogaine, ketamine and other psychedelics that are being used in treating addictions. Course reviews risks associated with psychedelics along with safety precautions to consider during treatment. This course is a great introduction for the provider who wants to know the basics of psychedelics which directs learners to items of study for further research and exploration. This course is recommended for all providers who wish to expand their knowledge in psychedelic medicines.
- Learners will be able to explore how the use of psychedelics are being used in the treatment of addictions in a clinical setting
- Ability to discover, understand and apply the teachings and framework of addiction
- Able to define, explore and discuss different types of psychedelics that have historically been used and are now re-emerging and utilized as treatment options in clinical practice today for addiction recovery
- Review, understand and identify the risks associated with psychedelics and safety precautions to consider during treatment
- Provides an overview and introduction to providers who want to know the basics of psychedelics in an effort to stimulate learners to study and discover further research and exploration