Presenter Name: Dr. Zaki Afzal PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, CERT DN, CSCS, USA-W
Credit Available: CE/CME Credits(s): Provides 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Presented Date: 10/26/2021
Review Date: 10/26/2021
Expiration Date: 10/26/2023
This course explores how dysfunctional breathing affects the movement system and how good breathing techniques are vital for wellness. Taught by Dr. Zaki, a highly credentialed physician who treats athletes from the Las Vegas Raiders and guides your awareness on the need for movement in healing. The course begins with the review of the respiratory anatomy, covering the health and performance model, and understanding the biomechanics of breathing and respiratory and postural functions with physiology. Learners of all specialties will be able to employ practical assessments and simple treatments within their practice of study with this knowledge in understanding the importance of breathing.
Overall, this course provides integrative providers with methods of improving patients’ and their own lives through transforming the way they deliver care through proper breathing techniques. As a bonus, Dr. Zaki shares his success on leaving the conventional insurance-driven model to how he successfully utilizes self pay with his clients which has elevated his practice post COVID.
- Learners will be able to understand and validate the importance of breathing and movement during healing
- Ability to identify, examine and value respiratory anatomy and physiology
- Understand and apply the health and performance model
- Recognize and understand the biomechanics of breathing and respiratory and postural functions with physiology
- Ability to employ practical assessment skills and simple treatments within their practice of study in understanding the importance of breathing
- Assist and teach patients proper breathing techniques to improve overall wellness
- Discover ways to create profitable practices without the traditional insurance model