Presenter Name: Kim Evans, APRN, CNS-BC, ANA-BC, CNAT
Credit Available: CE/CME Credits(s): Provides 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Presented Date: 10/26/2021
Review Date: 10/26/2021
Expiration Date: 10/26/2023
Overview: Kim Evans is an APRN with 44 years of clinical experience who is truly interested in helping people achieve their optimal health of mind, body and Spirit. This presentation will explore how the majority of Americans are getting older and presents an integrative model for aging from body, mind and Spirit perspectives. It will include how to achieve optimal physical health by following the APO E gene diet and exercise program. Psychological aspects will be addressed including the three perils of aging – loneliness, boredom and helplessness. The course also reviews potential stressors of identity crisis with retirement, changing family roles and potential loss of family and friends. Course describes Spiritual aspects of aging including recognition that we are all Spiritual beings having a human experience and honoring the Sacred mysteries of life and death. Course discusses the shifting of traditional cultural rituals toward focusing on celebrating a person’s legacy to enhance patient and family support. This presentation will discuss healthy aspects of aging from a body, mind and Spirit perspective and that as providers, we have an opportunity and responsibility to model healthy strategies for aging.
- Learners will be able to be aware of and understand the integrative model for aging from body, mind and spirit perspectives
- Discover and learn of the APO E gene diet and exercise program
- Understand and list the three perils of aging
- Identify the potential stressors of identity crisis with retirement, changing of family roles and the potential loss of family and friends
- Recognize and acknowledge the spiritual aspects of aging in honoring life and death
- Review and understand the shifting of traditional cultural rituals on celebrating a person’s legacy to enhance patient and family support
- Ability to recognize as providers that we have an opportunity and responsibility to model healthy strategies for aging
Key words: Inflammaging, APO E gene diet, Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT), nutrition, diet, stress reduction techniques, Near Death Experiences, end of life, aging, cultural rituals, three perils of aging, identity, life span, healthy aging, strategies for aging.
0 of 3 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 3 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
True or False. Only 25% of our national healthcare budget is allocated to wellness and prevention research programs.CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following diseases are associated with inflammation and aging, a term known as ‘inflammaging’ which are an effect of systemic toxicity in our bodies:CorrectIncorrect
True or False. Eating an inflammatory diet specific to your genotype, turns off the inflammatory response even if you have certain genetic traits.CorrectIncorrect