Presenter Name: Sunil Kumar Aggarwal, MD, PhD, FAAPMR
Credit Available: CE/CME Credits(s): Provides 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Presented Date: 10/26/2021
Review Date: 10/26/2021
Expiration Date: 10/26/2023
Overview: “Entheogenic Integrative Care” is a new coinage to describe integrative healthcare which is knowledgeable about entheogenic use practices in society, promotes their safe and beneficial use, and makes evidence-informed prescriptions and/or recommendations for use of entheogens for therapeutic purposes to prevent or treat disease or promote well-being. This Part Two of a two part series talk will describe the spiritual and existential dimension of health that is necessary to grasp in order to understand the therapeutic applications of entheogens in medicine and current wave of public health, and the ways that entheogens such as cannabis-, ketamine-, and eventually psilocybin- and ayahuasca- assisted therapies are being applied in an outpatient integrative practice with MDs, NDs, ARNPs, and licensed counselors to relieve existential and spiritual suffering in serious and chronic health conditions, trauma, and beyond.
Part 2 Learning Objectives:
- Learners will be provided a further education on Entheogenic Integrative Care
- Able to understand, define the definition of entheogens and entheogenic integrative care
- Will explore and examine the ancient healing traditions across the world
- Identify and acknowledge present practice perspectives
- Discover the varieties of human experiences with entheogens
- Understand the laws around banned biota germplasms
- Identify and examine the higher-order clinical evidence on entheogens,
- Review and understand the biosynthetic routes of entheogens
- Learn of the mechanisms of therapeutic action, neurobiological effects intracellular, cellular and regional brain levels that entheogens provide to the healing process
- Validate, value and understand the present and future ways to potentially practice entheogenic integrative care with cannabis, ketamine, psilocybin and ayahuasca.
Key words: cannabis, entheogens, spiritual health, psychedelics, public health, palliative care, existential distress, classic psychedelics, novel psychedelics, ketamine, psilocybin, ayahuasca, biota germplasms, entheogenic integrative care
0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 4 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Classic psychedelics include all of the following except:CorrectIncorrect
Entheogenic Integrative Care is a new coinage for a field of care to describe integrative healthcare. Which of the following describes this type of integrative care?CorrectIncorrect
What is the use of these recommendations to entheogenic integrative care is used for all of the following except?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following are ways that providers can maximize the safety of patients going through healing work with entheogens?CorrectIncorrect