Presenter Name: Dr. Dr. Uma Dhanabalan MD MPH FAAFP MRO CMS
Credit Available: CE/CME Credits(s): Provides 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Presented Date: 10/26/2021
Review Date: 10/26/2021
Expiration Date: 10/26/2023
Overview: Course will explore how cannabis is a global solution and how it can benefit our planet environmentally and as medicine. Dr. Uma Dhanabalan with her environmental medicine expertise discusses clinical considerations, the history of pandemics, three waves of the rise in opioid overdose deaths, environmental factors and statistics that affect our health and wellness with a discussion on the health effects of pollution on the human population. Discussion of hemp vs.cannabis as sustainable solutions in saving the planet are reviewed by defining the applications used in practice. And lastly, a review and understanding of the importance of testing cannabis products for consumer safety and product integrity with a review of routes of exposure and mechanisms of action at the cellular level to consider.
- Learners will be able to discover, understand and discuss how cannabis is a global solution and can benefit our planet environmentally and as medicine
- Review and discuss clinical considerations and the history of pandemics
- Discuss the three waves of the rise in opioid overdose deaths
- LIst, recognize and discuss the environmental factors and statistics that affect our health and wellness
- Discuss how hemp and cannabis are sustainable solutions in saving the planet with the ability to define the applications used in practice that assist
- Recognize and understand the testing of cannabis products for consumer safety and product integrity is vital to consumer safety
- Understand and identify the routes of exposure and mechanisms of action at the cellular level to consider in clinical practice
Key words: Cannabis, hemp, clinical considerations, cannabis testing, consumer safety, environmental solutions, pandemics, opioid epidemic, sustainable solutions, environmental factors, pollution, human population, health effects, water pollution, air pollution, soil pollution, clean biofuel, carbon capture, remediation, global solutions.
0 of 3 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 3 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
True or False?
Cannabis needs to be heated to make cannabinoids pharmacologically active.CorrectIncorrect
Based on the current evidence, how should cannabis be dosed for an adult patient?CorrectIncorrect
In the current landscape, what are potential barriers your patient will face in cannabinoid medicine?CorrectIncorrect