Credit Available: CE/CME Credits(s): Provides 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Presented Date: 10/25/2021
Review Date: 10/25/2021
Expiration Date: 10/25/2023
Overview: Course curriculum consists of a pre-recorded virtual learning course online that guides providers on evidence-based and peer reviewed education. This course provides an overview of the current and relevant literature regarding Cannabis sativa L. in health and medicine. The plant will be discussed in its historical, botanical and medicinal context. Preparations, routes of administration and dosage forms will be discussed in detail from a pharmacists perspective. Patient barriers in today’s cannabinoid medicine landscape will be discussed by Evan DeZeeuw, PharmD who has a passion for this medicinal plant and brings it to a simple understanding where learners leave with a greater understanding of Cannabis sativa L. A must take course for the cannabis professional and enthusiast seeking knowledge to apply directly to practice.
- Learners will be able to provide a brief overview of the history of cannabis
- Gain a better understanding of potential health benefits cannabis provides
- Recognize and identify the plant constituents and nomenclatures
- Understand and discuss the different preparation methods and routes of administration
- Able to interpret or categorize dosing regimens of administration
- Able to identify and examine adverse side effects of cannabis in their patients
- Understand, validate and support patients with the barriers cannabis patients face in society and the healthcare system(s)
- Understand the importance and need for laboratory testing of cannabis
- Able to recognize, understand and begin to interpret Certificates of Analysis
Key words: cannabis, endocannabinoid system, ECS, receptors, balancing system, endogenous, cannabinoids, THCA, THC, CBDA, CBD, CBC, CBG, CBN, THCV, CBDV, terpene, terpenoid, routes of administration, dosage, therapeutic effect, cannabinoid medicine.
0 of 3 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 3 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
True or False? Cannabis needs to be heated to make cannabinoids pharmacologically active.CorrectIncorrect
Based on the current evidence, how should cannabis be dosed for an adult patient?CorrectIncorrect
In the current landscape, what are potential barriers your patient will face in cannabinoid medicine?CorrectIncorrect